Friday, July 9, 2010

Aya's diary: The Medical Examination

The medical examination


I go to the hospital in Nagoya with my mother (she wrote this in English).
Left the house at 9 AM. My little sister wasn't feeling well. She went to pre-school anyways, so that I can go to the doctor....poor sister.
11 AM, arrived at the hospital (Kokuritsu Nagoya Daigaku Fuzoku Byouin). I read a book while waiting for 3 hours, but I was nervous. I couldn't concentrate as usual, because I was so worried and scared. My mom tried to reassure me saying "I called Dr. Eitsurou so there's nothing to worry," but...

I was finally called. My heart was beating fast.
My mom explains to the doctor,
1. I fell and cut my chin (people would usually fall on their hands, but I fell on my face).
2. I walk wobbly (my knees don't bend well).
3. I lost weight.
4. My movement is slow (I can't react quickly).
While listening, I became scared. My busy mom had been watching me so carefully...I guess she noticed everything...but I'm a little relieved.
Now, the small things I was worried about has been informed to the doctor. Finally, all my worries will be gone.
I sat on the round seat and looked into the doctor's face. I was relieved, because she wore glasses and had a gentle smile. I closed my eyes and lifted up my hands and brought my index finger closer to my face. I stood on one foot. I layed on the bed and repeatedly bent and straightened my legs. The doctor hit my knee with the hammer. The medical examination was finally over.
"Let's have a CT scan," the doctor said.
"Aya, it doesn't hurt or itch. It's just a machine that slices your head so they can look inside your head.
"Ehh~ slicing my head!?"
This is really important to me, so I didn't find what my mom said funny. The large machine slowly came down. My head fit perfectly as if I was in outer space.
"You can just lay there, don't move now," a lady in a white gown said, so I laid there, but I became sleepy.
I had to wait a long time, and after given a medicine, I got to go home.
Another task was added for me to do. If I can get better by drinking medicine, then I don't mind drinking a stomach full of them. Please doctor. If I'm a flower, please help from ruining the life of the bud, that hasn't blossomed yet.
The hospital is pretty far and I have school, so the doctor said I only have to come once a month. I promise to go and do as you say, so please make me better. The world's best, Nagoya Daigaku! Dr. Eitsurou! Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment